Thursday, June 27, 2013

Headlines

If you've ever watched Jay Leno, you've probably seen one of his bits, Headlines, where he reads various headlines, ads, etc. from newspapers all over. I assume these are all sent into him, though I'm sure he searches some of them out himself (or his people do, anyway). I always find myself cracking up at most of these... you have to wonder how these things slips by the editors.

Well, there was a good one in the IndyStar today. And while it wasn't on THE front page, it was on the front page of the local section. And I admit, I didn't see it right off. I don't think a lot of people did, which kind of shows how much attention we pay to newsprint nowadays - kind of sad.

Anyway... look at this. There was an article about bridges along the I-65/I-70 connector that are too low through downtown, and that they finally have a plan to increase the clearance. This large, full color, graphic map/chart was front and center of the page, so it wasn't something small and off to the side. Yet somehow...

Do you see it yet? I didn't want to highlight it and make it too obvious... you can click on the image to make it larger...


Find it? Give up?


Okay, if you didn't find it, look on the bottom right corner... you'll see the silhouette of a cat... look at the caption with it.

I don't know about you, but I've never see any 14.5' housecats... or any cat, for that matter!

No comments: