Friday, August 31, 2012

What day is it?

So I'm convinced... if you don't work (or go to school) on a consistent 5 day a week schedule, you'll lose track of what day it is. Not just the date, but the actual day.

Yesterday, the plumber came in the morning to replace our stack, and my intention was go go in after he was done, around lunch time. Well, it took a little longer than anticipated, so I ended up not going in at all. Which threw me off for the rest of the day and I forgot to do about half the things I planned on doing (errands and such). It was so bad that I, in fact, thought it was Friday! Cruel joke.

So then Friday actually does come along, and since I already had the day off, I was even more confused as to what day it was. I spent all day today thinking it was Saturday, which was really odd since I wasn't working on the house. I felt antsy all day, like I was forgetting to do something. I didn't forget to do anything, at least... but it was still a very odd feeling all day.

Now my 'fear' is that with the already anticipated long Labor Day weekend, I'm going to be so out of whack come Tuesday that it'll take me the whole day to get back into the swing of things. I gotta say, if it wasn't for work, I really would have no idea what day it was... not sure if that's really a bad thing, though.

No comments: