Sunday, August 12, 2012

Indiana State Fair

It happens once a year, every year... The Indiana State Fair. I've never been one for State Fairs... I'm not even sure if Florida had one (though I'm sure they did). But living in the State Capital and literally driving by the State Fairgrounds every day to/from work, you can't NOT go! Besides, it's worth a stroll at least once around the grounds and grabbing some good ol' fair food (fried or not).

Thankfully, the weather cooled down by the time Eric and I decided to go (it goes for two weeks - one week has already passed). And since we have no reason to really go, other than to say we went, it's a stress free even for us. I take my camera and try to snap some pictures of 'fair life', and Eric likes to just take it all in (since it's so different from our normal day-to-day).

This year, we actually spent a little more time with the animals. Normally, we don't go in all the barns, and when we did, we didn't really go past the front door. But this time around, we went in them all and weaved through most of the animals. This was a trade-off, though, as we DIDN'T make it into the exhibit halls like we usually do. But I think it was a good trade-off for a change. I couldn't get over how big some of these animals really are... the cows, for example... HUGE! Good thing they aren't aggressive because if they just fell on you, you'd be crushed! But it's really cool to see all these animals up close. I'm not a farm girl, so I get a kick out it - it's new to me.

Maybe next year we'll hit both the exhibits and the animals... and maybe even the midway, for once. I know Eric isn't much for rides, but maybe we'll go we some friends who are. Any volunteers??

No comments: