Friday, August 10, 2012

Now That's Funny!

Have you ever had one of those moments where you wanted to say something, but were afraid it might be too politically INcorrect, so you bite your tongue? We all have. Don't try to deny it. It seems only if you're a stand-up comic, then you might get away with it. But even then...

Well, one comedian, with the support of Chris Rock, took it to the next level with a late night show, call Totally Biased on FX.The show, starring W. Kamau Bell, premiered last night. Aside from a few teasers and previous acts on You Tube, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But I gotta tell you... he wasn't afraid of any topic! From the Olympics, the the presidential race, to the random pat downs that happen in NYC. He wasn't afraid to bring it up, and then flat out tell you what he thought... of the situation or the people involved!

Some of it even shocked me, a little bit... but I laughed (hard), because sometimes it was like he was reading my mind! It got me thinking... could I be that frank about anything, even something I was passionate about?? Maybe when I was younger... but then if I get worked up about something enough, I'm definitely not afraid to put it out there.

Regardless, if you aren't one who offends easily and gets a laugh out of today's society's stupidity, then you need to check it out. Just cause you need a laugh.

No comments: