Wednesday, July 25, 2012

More Bad Stuff in the News

So yes, we have another venting blog today. I apologize - feel free to skim and/or skip. But I have to get this off my chest...

First thing, the horrible shooting in Aurora, CO. As more comes out, we're learning this guy did nothing illegal leading up to things, though there were some signs that people now realize we 'signs' before the tragedy. But here's the thing that gets me... why in the world are automatic weapons available for sale to the public?? Give me one 'for instance' where any normal citizen needs something like that?? Sure, you could use it for hunting, but doesn't that kind of take the sport out of it?? No one in the general public needs access to these weapons. If I need/want to defend myself, it doesn't need to be with an automatic weapon. They shouldn't be sold at your local sporting goods store.

Next, the NCAA laid down sanctions to Penn State. When did the NCAA become a legal court? When did they gain authority to punish a sports program based off of some non-sports related actions of a school?? What happened at Penn State is awful, and it's being handled in the actual legal system. What happened had nothing to do with the football program, nor did it have anything to do with recruiting practices. Those are the things the NCAA can make rulings on. Not the ethics of how the school's administration handled things. It's complete crap, if you ask me.

Okay... I feel a little better now. That's all I had, at the moment. Some things just get me riled up.

No comments: