Saturday, July 28, 2012

2012 Olympics

Is it just me, or are the Olympics more hyped than usual this year?

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it just seems like they have a greater presence than past Olympics. I read somewhere that this is the first Summer Olympics that will have such a social media presence... that makes sense. After all, I've never blogged about the Olympics before. Yet, here I am, one more person talking about it via social media!

The Opening Ceremony had some firsts, too... actually, all of the Olympics will have some firsts. For example, the broadcasting of some events in 3D! Granted, this doesn't impact too many people, but if you have a 3D TV, it's probably pretty cool to see! But if you don't, there are still some things being broadcast in HD. Even that is an amazing difference! also, they have a constant stream of all the events on the internet. So if you don't see your favorite sport this year, it's you're own fault.

As always, I most look forward to the gymnastics. I seem to be in the majority with this one - everyone seems to love gymnastics. Swimming is second for me. After that, my interest spreads out to some of the major sports, which are actually all over the board. It always amazes me how fast the two weeks goes by. If you're not careful, you'll miss it!

So I hope everyone enjoys this year's games. I look forward to my faves... and who knows, maybe I'll find some new faves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The gymnasts should have to vault thru hoops afire.
There should be piranhas in the swimming pools and sharks in the boating venues.
Those who don't qualify for the archery finals should have to hold the targets for those who do qualify.
Make it much more interesting, doncha think?