Friday, July 27, 2012

A Little Rain...

We actually got a little bit of rain today. Kind of a teaser, but it was nice. For a change.

I was actually working in the backyard when is started to come down. Some big ol' drops, too! It rained a bit earlier, on my way home from work, but I didn't get to enjoy that round. This round, I just got under the back porch roof and sat on the step, watching it come down. I even got a little wet when it would get a little wind blown, but I did not care.

It only lasted about 10 minutes or so. But in that time, it cooled down, and the smell of the rain became very abundant. LOVE that smell! And it made me happy. I almost played in it, but I figured since there was lightning around, it'd probably be better not to. This time.

Too bad we still have something like a 10" deficit of rain for the year. Everything is still SO dry!! And there's no other rain the forecast that can be seen. So the drought will continue. But at least we got a little something, even if it was less than a half-inch.

No comments: