Thursday, January 20, 2011

Positive Thoughts

With everything the way it is in my life right now, you have to stay positive. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a very optimistic person. So normally, staying positive is no problem for me. But there's always a breaking point and I'm worried I may hit mine soon. So I'm starting to look at day to day positive things instead of big picture positive. I'm not sure this is a good way to go, though.

For example... I had a second showing on my house yesterday. That's a positive thing. But the big picture is I'm one of three they're still looking at and I'm coming to the point that I need to drop my price. Not so positive. So am I just giving myself the illusion of being positive?

In all honesty, this is one area Eric does not help on. He claims he's being 'realistic' about things, but when it all is broken down, he just sees the glass half (or more) empty. He's trying to plan for 6 months out when I'm still unemployed and my house still hasn't sold. That doesn't bode well with me. In fact, it tears me up to even remotely think that, let alone have someone say it so boldly! I understand the situation sucks, but thinking like that just makes it worse, in my opinion.

Do I need to be realistic? Yes. And I believe I am very realistic. I don't think my house will have multiple buyers in a bidding war on my house and I accept that I will need to lower the price (even if that doesn't make me very happy). I know I'm not going to land my dream job, at this point... I'll be happy just to get something remotely in my field with this economy. But you have to stay positive. And sometimes that means putting all the negatives around you out of your mind and NOT thinking about them at all. At least for awhile. Sure, you may have to face them eventually, but if we dwelled on it, we'd be a society of very miserable people.

But in the meantime, fool yourself... think big... stranger things have happened to me. Things happen for a reason - I'm a big believer in that. Granted, I'm still trying to figure this one out... but eventually, I'll see the big picture for what it really is.

No comments: