Friday, January 7, 2011

Deconstructing Christmas

I think this is one of the saddest times of year... those few days right after taking all the Christmas decorations down. But maybe that's just me... I am "Christmas Crazy", as Eric puts it.

Nahh... I've heard others say similar things... the trees come down, the twinkling lights go dark, and the snowmen stop dancing... the rooms just look so bare. And when you're in the house most of the day, like I am, that's when it seems really sad. The corner where the tree once stood proudly in the TV room... empty. The centerpiece on the dining room table... gone. The fireplace mantle... unadorned. It seems like all the color has left the rooms... everything just seems so still.

The weather in Indiana doesn't help matters... so gray a dreary. We actually had a couple of says of sunshine this week... but it was still so cold! It's been snowing the past two days, though... which means gray, dreary skies. Why does the weather have to be so bleak this time of year? This, by far, is when I miss being in FL the most.

Alas, Christmas is over. And as with anything when it's done, it's must be put away for another day (or in this case, another year). I must just live with the memories, once again, of my favorite time of year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been pretty dreary in FL, too. Your presence is needed to brighten things up.