Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year

A new year has begun... but we can't start the new without a little reflection on last year. At least in general terms.

For me, it was a LONG year, full of ups and downs, and A LOT of change. Started the year with planning a wedding (always fun when it's a destination wedding), doing a wedding (it rained at our start time), doing another wedding reception (will the outdoor thing work in our backyard??), loosing my job (obviously not by choice), moving (going through my entire life, box by box, deciding what was important to keep and what could be given to Goodwill), trying to sell my house (after doing a small remodel of it)... and do I even need to go into all the stress and complications that go along with all of those things?? Isn't there some well known psychologist out there that says you should not do more than one of those things at a time? I know I've heard something like that somewhere...

So for me, I hope the new year brings a lot of calmness and serenity. Or at least some stability. I don't have resolutions for the new year, just many hopes and desires... I hope my house sells. I hope I get a job. I desire there to be less stress from all the above noted things in my daily life. I know it won't happen overnight and it may take all year to get back to where I'd like to be with my life, as far as the level of stress and anxiety goes... but if I can get there, that's all I want. My emotions went from one extreme to another way too many times in 2010... I don't think I can handle another year like that.

So here's to a new year. And here's hoping not so much that it's better than the last, but I do hope it is at least smoother than the last.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep in mind
STRESSED
spelled backwards is
DESSERTS.