Friday, April 23, 2010

You Know You Need a Vacation When...

This morning, on the way to work, I realized I have been very bitter. Everything around me just frustrates me and I find my self talking (to myself) bad about everything that is happening around me. The politics, the drivers, the lack of awareness... I could go on. Bottom line... I need a break away from here!

I guess the realization really hit last night, when I found myself venting to Eric about how the State of Indiana is wasteful for those of us who get personalized plates (and of all days, on Earth Day I vent about this). And I know a lot of people out there do have personalized plates! But get this... instead of sending a renewal sticker like everyone else gets, we get a whole new plate, every year! I've have the same personalization for the past three years... and just just got my third plate with the same thing on it! Why?? Just send me a damn sticker!

And the political ads right now are driving me up a wall... I heard one this morning (the politician shall remain nameless) that was talking about how "we" want less government involved in our lives... Indiana is THE state of everything government!! Granted, I haven't lived in too many states (4 with memories, 5 total), but of all the ones I HAVE lived in, Indiana's government, by far, has their hands in more of our day to day lives than any other state! When you get rid of all the township government BS and the multiple overhead led school districts, come back and talk to me about being a state that wants less government!

I know next weekend, I get to go to FL again for some final wedding stuff... very minor items that hopefully won't take up too much time. I'm really hoping to get some beach time in there - I NEED IT!! I think, at this point, that's the only thing that can get me back down to normal levels of bitterness!

No comments: