Monday, April 12, 2010

Getting Closer...

One great thing about planning a wedding in Florida is ‘having’ to go down to finalize plans. Oh, darn. Well, that’s what Eric and I did this past weekend. And I’m happy to say, I think all the big stuff is taken care of!

On Friday afternoon, we had a food tasting at the hotel to finalize our food selections for the reception. It was a nice surprise to be given a bottle of champagne with our samples. Woo Hoo! We hung out at the hotel for bit since we had no other commitments for the evening – only had to worry about getting some dinner later. Which we pushed back because we weren’t expecting out sampling to be so much! But it was a gorgeous evening and we watched a spectacular sunset from our balcony. But we did end up having a later dinner on St. Armands Circle. Seafood is so much better when it's fresh!!

Saturday we had a few more things to do, the first being a cake tasting at Publix. I don’t understand why anyone getting married in FL would get a cake anywhere else – they have the best cake ever! Nothing like throwing down some cake at 10am in the morning, too. But it went well and got that ordered. From there, we crossed the store to the floral department. Yup – getting my flowers there, too! Publix is known for their customer service, so I had no doubt in my mind that they’d get me what I wanted and not charge an arm and a leg for it. Nor did they push anything more on us – in fact, when I asked about some additional stuff, they recommended against it since we’re having such a small wedding. Way cool!

After that, we headed over to meet our officiant to actually meet him face to face and talk about what we wanted for our ceremony. He was very cool and easy to talk to. I have no doubt he’ll conduct a great ceremony that will make everyone happy.

Finally, after a short breather back at the hotel, we met face to face with our photographer. Again, very happy with my decision there – I’m sure we’ll get plenty of great photos of not only us, but the family, since we’re doing the family only ceremony thing.

So here we are, now, exactly two months away. I still have things to do back here in Indiana (like get my dress altered, pick out my veil/headpiece, etc.). In the meantime, Eric and I are working towards our Indy reception plans for July 31st. I think that’s going to be more stressful than the wedding!

No comments: