Friday, April 2, 2010

One Month Down...

Yesterday was the one month mark for my personal training. And I have to say, so far, I am very happy with things! My trainer still kicks my butt and wears me out every time, but I'm seeing results that make it all worth it!

I took my measurements (twelve on various parts of the body) and I've lost 6.75" so far. I know that may not sound like a lot of loss, but I can feel my clothes fitting differently. I figured since I was looking to sleek and tone, measurements would be a better way to judge things than weight. I don't see myself averaging that much each month, but you never know. Laura (my trainer) said you normally start slow and then, with a couple of weeks span, see a huge difference, and then it'll slow again once you get closer to your ideal build. So I guess we'll see.

The food hasn't gotten boring on me yet, though I have utilized my 'cheat meals' very well, I think. The first one at St. Elmos was actually a relatively good meal compared to some of my other cheat meals... pizza, Yat's (Cajun/Creole), a handful of sour gummies (okay... not so much of a meal as a straight cheat!). But all in all, the smaller meals are keeping me full and I don't find myself even thinking about the snack machine in the breakroom or the girl scout cookies in my pantry at home. Still have two months to go, though!

No comments: