Saturday, April 17, 2010

Race for the Cure 2010

Well, another very successful Race for the Cure is complete here in Indianapolis! The economy was still apparent in my fundraising efforts, unfortunately... missed my goal, by far, again - my first year in 2008 was still my best year, when I brought in over $500. However, I still raised $250 to date AND... if you are reading this, by chance, and you'd still like to donate, you can still go to my personal page and do so - they will be accepting donations from this page for another month! Anything helps the cause and I will be very grateful! If you go there soon, you may even be included in my company's cut-off where they match all of our donations, dollar for dollar!

The race itself was fun, as always. I walked with Lytta again this year (my future mother-in-law) and we chatted the whole way! I haven't seen the final numbers, but they are thinking the total number was over 40,000 participants. I can't wait to see the final fundraising numbers from this crowd - hopefully, as a whole, we beat years' past donations (even if I didn't).

The weather was perfect for the walk. Started out just cool enough to wear pants, but didn't get overly warm as you walked the 5k, even with the pants on. In fact, in open areas, there was even a breeze that kept it almost too cool! I met up with some of my co-workers before the race, but everyone had their own people to go meet, to everyone was separated before the race started and did their own walk. Still great to see so many people you know out there, though - it's amazing how many people are impacted by this disease!

With this year's race in the books, I'm off to focus on my personal goals, such as The Mini in May... that long distance thing is starting to get me nervous! Thankfully, I'll have Eric with me for that!

No comments: