Friday, January 29, 2010

The Weekend Ahead... and Beyond

So this is to be the first weekend of 'hard core' wedding planning. I'm actually flying down to FL to meet Eric (he's already there for work) to *hopefully* nail down a location and date for the wedding. We've done some 'soft' planning thus far... looking up things online, making a few contacts with venues... but this weekend, we're seeing the places and talking to some people face to face.

At this point, we have a first choice month, and the a back-up month. That's right... month. Not too narrowed down yet. We're trying to keep flexible knowing that when you go for the destination, you have to usually work with what dates they have available. So we'll soon find out how realistic our thoughts are.

The other big thing that should happen this weekend - the budget. Once we have a place picked out with their fees and rates, we can put everything else together. Hopefully.

I have to say, I'm a little nervous. This is a one time thing. Gotta pick the right place. Want to get the best for our money. Don't want to regret anything...

So for anyone who's planned a wedding, I'd love a little advice on how to keep things in perspective. And for those who've done the destination thing, I'd love some advice on how to do that, too!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Amy said...

My best advice is to just relax. This should be fun. Don't sweat the small stuff. Everything will fall into place. We planned our wedding in less than 2 months and I think it turned out great.The only thing I would have changed is our photographer. I hired a friend of a friend (the price was right) who was an amateur. Some were good, but a lot turned out dark or blurry. I had some better ones taken by my guests. Flowers die, food gets eaten, but pictures can last a lifetime.