Saturday, January 9, 2010

First Snow of 2010

We always seem to get our first real snowfall/snowstorm in January every year. This year was no exception!

It started during the morning rush hour on Thursday. Why Mother Nature loves to torture us during rush hour, I do not know. But that's the way it always seems to happen. The bulk of the snow fell in the late morning, though, and then taper off through the evening.

On Friday, it was off and on, only adding a minimal amount and on Saturday was much of the same... until recently, when it actually stopped. The sun even looked to try to come out around noon, and eventually did!

I shoveled the first time Thursday after work and was helped out about halfway through by a neighbor with a snowblower! I have great neighbors! Then I just finished up shoveling again to get the last of it off my driveway. All in all, I got around 6" of snow at my house. This is something I will miss when I move downtown - the large, open areas blanketed in snow, whether it's mmultiple yards joined together or the large, vast farm fields. Not to mention the snow downtown gets dirty really quick! So I'm enjoying the moment...

No comments: