Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blue Moon

I'm sure you've heard the phrase, "Once in a blue moon." Well, that comes from the fact that a blue moon only occurs once every 19 years. What is a blue moon? A blue moon is the 2nd full moon within a calendar month. Tonight is a blue moon.

Of all days to have a blue moon occur, I must say, New Year's Eve is about the craziest. The only thing that would be crazier would be Halloween. I'm a big believer that the moon effects everything... the tides, animal behavior, which includes human behavior, and even the sequence of how events occur.

Now, looking at the week I've had leading up to tonight, this really puts some of the week's events into perspective. It almost all make sense now, somehow. Including all the extremely active animals at the zoo last Tuesday!

So as we close out this year with a blue moon above us, I wish all of my friends and family a happy, healthy, and plentiful New Year! But be careful out there tonight... people get crazy under the glow of a full moon, and a little more so with the glow of a blue moon!

No comments: