Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve turned out to be an exhausting day for me!!

After working a half day, I went home to pack for my trip to FL. I only had a limited time and had no clue what to pack for some reason. Probably because I was exhausted from the night before, when I stayed up till midnight baking an apple pie and my traditional 'Christmas' cookies. But I managed to get mostly packed before heading back downtown.

I celebrated 'Christmas #1' on Christmas Eve with Eric's family at his house. We had a big ham dinner, complete with all the trimmings. We read them Olive the Other Reindeer.... well, tried to... The kids (AJ, Nolan, and Liam) just ran around having fun, entertaining themselves... and then came presents! What kid doesn't like to open presents? Liam and Nolan were still a little unsure of the process, but AJ was all over it and they were all nothing but smiles for the rest of the night. We capped the night off with a round of my desserts. Eric headed to bed early since he's getting over something flu-like - you could tell he was just exhausted! So I saw everyone off at the end of the night and then had to drag Eric back to Fishers with me to finish packing and drop off my car for the week. That took longer than expected, unfortunately...

By the time I finished packing and Eric and I exchanged gifts, it was nearly 11pm! Eric laid on the couch the entire time in a state of semi-consciousness. We got back to his house only to realize that he left his wallet sitting on the side table at my house. By the time the both of us got settled into bed it was 12:30 am. For the 2nd night in a row for me. 4:30am was going to come way too early!

And it did! That alarm went off this morning and woke me up from a sound sleep. I did not want to get up! But of course I did - had a plane to catch! Eric and I timed the airport perfectly, walked right on the plane, and now we wait. Yes... I'm currently en route to FL... gotta love in-flight wi-fi!

So "Merry Christmas" to those who may read this today! I'm sure I'll have lots more to post after 'Christmas #2' in Jacksonville. And all the other annual traditions we have.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Merry Christmas, Kara!