Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Weekend of R & R

It seems a weekend of no plans comes rarely, especially during the summer months. This weekend was one of those rarities, and it was quite nice... though we still managed to keep pretty busy.

Friday night, Eric and I managed to get together just long enough for some steak on the grill at my house. Work had me running all over the state on Friday, all while trying to get a set of plans out to bid back at the office. I was beat. Eric was trying to get some things done at his house after work, so got to my house kind of later than I like for sinner, but it worked out great with my schedule this particular night. After dinner, we took a walk through my neighborhood - it was an awesome night!

Saturday consisted of Eric and I doing some shopping and lunch before parting ways until later in the evening. We did a progressive dinner with his neighbors, Dave and Amber (and some of their friends), starting with appetizers and drinks at their house and dinner at Eric's. I made my lasagna and it came out awesome! I FINALLY figured out the right amount to up the proportions in my 'lasagna dish' my sister got me years ago!! It's bigger than normal, so I've always known the typical 'recipe' isn't enough to fill it. I'd always come up short on one of the ingredients. But I managed to have a thick, meaty, cheesy lasagna that was just right Saturday night. I was too excited and it was a hit!

Sunday consisted of sleeping in and having a late breakfast of this version of french toast (croissants) that Eric learned. It was so good! Then I headed home to mow, do laundry, and pack for the week ahead. I'll be in Columbus, OH for a good part of the week for a seminar. It'll be nice to be out of the office, but it's going to make for a long week, I think! We'll see!

No comments: