Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Wedding...

Last night, one of Eric's fraternity brothers got married to a once lost love. They has a nice and simple ceremony and reception at Jone's Crossing down in Mooresville, IN. It was very focused on friends and family, which was nice. But if you were late, you probably would've missed the ceremony... they kept it all short and sweet, with just enough emphasis on the reason we were all there - to witness two hearts joining together.

Since it was one of Eric's fraternity brothers from Rose-Hulman, it was a bit of a reunion, though most of the guys that were there still get together and hang out in Indy. But one of the guys came in from CO with his wife and little girl. So the reunion aspect was there. Regardless, still had to be sure to note the moment in time with a picture... the boys all with the groom. The ones that were there, anyway...

And speaking of pictures, this was a 'You are our photographer' wedding, where they didn't hire a professional in hopes to get many more good ones from friends and family. You know I had fun with that. I took about 130 pictures, but I didn't even upload half of them. You can see some of what I took on my Fotki page, though. Some good ones...

After all was said and done with the wedding, it was still early, so a group of us went and grabbed a drink at a bar nearby. And then, just like the days of college, we went and chowed down on some greasy breakfast. It was just Denny's, though... not like Tiger Time or even Waffle House. But the same thought was there.

All in all, we had a good time. I had a better time than I even thought I would... I just don't think I knew what to expect is all, though. This was the first wedding I went to that I didn't know the couple all that well... but I guess it doesn't matter if you have others around that you know well.

No comments: