Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Snow is Gone

... And almost as fast as it fell, the snow is almost completely gone. All that remains are the piles from plowing or shoveling, but even they are diminishing quickly!

Starting Friday, we had temperatures quite a bit above freezing (in the 50's), so the big melt began. Yesterday, even warmer - pretty close to 60 degrees!! It was overcast and windy, though, so there was no sun to help matters in warmth or melting, but the temps still did their thing. Finally today... the sun is out and it's *supposed* to get around 50 degrees again.

Being a person that thrives on and needs sunlight and warmth, I am very happy with this turn of weather. I know it won't last since it's February, but I'm enjoying it while I can. Unfortunately, you can't do much outside since the melted snow has caused a slushy, muddy mess of everthing... but it's still nice. :)

Yup... I'm ready for Spring!! :)

No comments: