Sunday, February 22, 2009

Frigid Digits

Eric has a fraternity brother, Carl, who has an annual party that has carried over since college called Frigid Digits. If you can't tell by the name, it's basically an outside party held in the middle of the winter. Well, yesterday I attended my first Frigid Digits party.

I've heard some crazy stories about things that have happened at Frigid Digits. I think most of the guys have gotten older now and tend to stay away from slamming bottles of Goldschlager like they used to. But the big fire is still there, lots of beer, including some of Carl's home brew, and this year there was even a keg throwing contest for charity. There was plenty of food to be had (though it got cold fast if it was even remotely warm) and believe it or not, it's even kid friendly. So I'm guessing it's nothing like it used to be.

Regardless, it was still a good time. I used my layering knowledge to dress for the event and I think I was one of the few that stayed pretty warm throughout. There were opportunities to go inside, but since that defeats the point of the party, you tried to stay outside as much as possible. And I did.

No comments: