Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Quick Trip South

So the typical, everyday person probably won't do this, but I'm used to traveling a lot (though not as much as I used to) and Eric still travels a lot, so I didn't think much of it when he proposed this idea to me on Thursday morning... fly down to Tampa on Friday afternoon, meet up with him to meet his Grandpa and have dinner with him, and then fly back home on Saturday morning. I didn't even hesitate when I said "Sure!"

So here it is, not even 2pm on Saturday, and I've already had a busy weekend!! Yesterday afternoon I got on a plane to Sarasota (SRQ) to meet Eric as he drove up from Naples. See, the whole idea came because Eric got stuck down there for a meeting on Friday morning and he had credits he had to use on AirTran, so he figured he'd give himself some company on the way back. Plus, I hadn't met his Grandpa yet, who live near Tampa. So it just made sense. I got down there and we drove up from SRQ to his Grandpa's, picked up some dinner at the Publix deli before getting there, and just had a nice few hours of chatting. Afterwards, we headed to a hotel near TPA for our flight out this morning. And now I'm home.

Does this seem crazy to you?

Like I said, I thought nothing of it until I really realized how short of time I was there. Usually only people with their own planes do stuff like that. But it didn't really cost anything extra for Eric nor I since he was already there for work and had credits to be used. Would've I have done that if we had to pay for tickets... probably not. But it's still kind of a fun story to tell.

No comments: