Monday, January 26, 2009

They Say it's a BIG One!

It may not be the storm of the century coming, but they sure are hyping up this 'big winter storm' we're supposed to be getting over the next 24 hours. Quite frankly, I don't believe it. They've missed the mark on just about all the storms this year (if not all!). So I don't trust the weather forecasters in these parts.

Then again... maybe they're due. They're bound to get it right one of these times. I mean, the range is pretty wide... 3-6" of snow over a period of 24 hours, in which two storms go through. But it hasn't started yet... and they initially said it would start 'just after rush hour.' Well, it's well after rush hour, and not a flake has fallen.

I'll guess we'll soon see. I'd like to see some more snow on the ground, personally. And tomorrow I'm heading to a conference, so punctuality is not a critical thing for me in the morning. In fact, I'll probably be heading out at the tail end of rush hour to get there 'on time.'

If we get anything like they said we would, there will be pictures posted. But don't get your hopes up. I'm not.

Update 7am the next morning - the first storm: Okay, so I was half right... kind of. I barely got a dusting here - barely enough to cover my roof!! Not nearly the 1-3" forecasted for my area for the 'first of the two storms'. BUT, they are saying some areas south of the City got 4" overnight. I not there, though, so I can't verify that. We'll see if round 2 gets us any closer!

1 comment:

jhalsey said...

So they were off by a 24 hour period, huh? This is the 6th most snow our city has gotten in recorded history! And it is a nice 'sleddable' snow! Now, if I could only find a hill!