Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Change Will Do You Good?

Change. Change is usually a good thing, even if it doesn’t seem that way at first. It happens for a reason, whether you instigated it or it was brought about by some unforeseen force. (or as I like to call it, fate!) The question is, when do you know it’s time for change? Fate works in mysterious ways and won’t always hand you the change you need… you have to figure it out for yourself.

This philosophical thinking is coming because I feel like change might be coming my way. But I’m not sure where to look because, quite frankly, things are good for me. So I find fate being very cruel to me right now cause it’s causing the ‘Boredom Bell’ to go off in my head. I just start getting bored with EVERYTHING as a push to change something! My dilemma is, “What should change in my life?” So let’s look at things…

On the job front, change is a horrible idea with today’s economy. But economy aside, I generally like my job. This is what I wanted to do for the longest time and then they came to me with an offer. It’s a good job and I think I’d be an idiot to make the change there.

The relationship. Without going into detail, it’s going great. Granted, he can be an ass at times, but then all guys can be, especially when they get caught up in some task at hand. I think I do good at keeping him on the right level, though. Besides… I love him to death and can’t see myself without him.

The home life. Sure, I could move. But where? Anything out of the area would mean changing both of the items above, too. I don’t think I need that much change. Back to the economy issue – this is a horrible time to try to sell a house if you don’t have to. So I think this is out.

Let's be real… you can’t change family, so that’s not even on the radar.

Do I just need a REAL vacation… something I want to do without necessarily having family involved for once? Maybe I just need a little change, like a new hobby or similar vice. Or do I need the drastic “F- it! I’ll take a chance and do _____!!”

I don’t know. But if I don’t quiet the boredom soon, it will be drastic. And probably stupid. :P

No comments: