Sunday, January 13, 2008

No more football :(

So football is over. For me, anyway.

College football is well over, with Auburn's last game back on New Year's Eve at the Peach Bowl. We beat Clemson. A good way to end things. Auburn is always good football to watch. And I was even pretty thrilled that, once again, an SEC team whooped up on Ohio State for the title, even if it wasn't Auburn that did the whooping. Last year, we were the National Champion's only loss (I HATE the Gators). This year we don't have that claim to fame, but we still gave them (LSU) a good fight in the regular season.

On the NFL front, my Jaguars ended their season yesterday with a loss in the second round of the playoffs to the Patriots. At least it was a good team to lose to - they are undefeated this year. But it still bums me out. I so badly want to see them in the Super Bowl. They've made it as far as the AFC Championship game (against the Titans), but that was many years ago. If we can keep up the momentum from this year, though, and increase on it some more next year, we have a pretty good chance. I just hope no one does anything stupid in the off season (trades or otherwise).

So football is over. I don't know what to do with myself now. That's my sport of choice to watch. I guess NASCAR starts soon, and then my Cubbies start back up in the spring... but in the meantime, I guess it's truly time to hibernate.

No comments: