Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm beat!

I just got back from another trip to FL (for work - not fun). I gotta say, it hit me last week pretty bad... I'm burnt out!!

It's not so much just the traveling, but what I'm doing when I travel... deal with the same people, on the same issues, over, and over, and over again. It gets tiresome. So this week I made sure it was a quick trip - as close to a day trip as I can get (only one night, instead of three nights, in a hotel). Okay... that's a start.

The next step... take a few mental days off of work entirely!! I'm doing that later this week. I'm taking Thursday and Friday off to just chill and catch up on my life! I'm behind on doing things around the house, I've dropped off the face of the earth with some friends (at least I feel like I have), and i just need to get away from the grind!

Normally, I'd never take PTO days unless I had good plans for them - like a trip somewhere. Well, at the beginning of the year when I realized how much I have to use (and the fact that I even lost a couple of days last year since they don't roll-over), I decided "F- it!" I have the time to use, so I'm going to use it when I want 'just because.' So long as I have about a week at the end of the year to go see the family for the holidays, I'm good. I'll plan other trips accordingly, but I'll still have some days to use, and I'm going to do just that. No guilt for taking time off... just do it!

So here's to using your PTO for 'mental days'... it's for your own sanity, dammit!!

No comments: