Sunday, July 28, 2013

Weekend 2 with my Nephew

Okay... so to wrap up with Bubba's trip up here... we went down to ISU to pick him up from his 'week in college' yesterday. Wow! What a week he had!

To start, we could tell he made a lot a great friends in that short week. Within a week, his whole aviation group had their own inside jokes they'd say to each other. Can't help but laugh with some of the things they'd say. Boys bond so easily! It helped that they were together 24/7... they kept all the guys in aviation on the same floor in rooms next to each other. So even his roommate was in the aviation class with him. But more importantly, he really got a lot out of the week! He was so excited about the idea of going to college, now, and even going into aviation, if possible. He even liked ISU enough to say he might make his way back there for school. But that's a few years off, so we'll see.

And he did, indeed, get to fly a plane. Of course he didn't get any pictures of him flying the plane, but he took one of the plane, and one of his view from the air. I guess it's something... no one is a photo crazy person like me. That's something neither my niece or nephew take after me on... Ha! I just like having the photographic evidence, I guess...

I actually got to take him shopping when we got back to Indy. He went willingly. I was very excited about that, as only I could get. Well, my mom might get excited about that, as well. But we wrapped it up at the grocery store, getting grilling goods for burgers on the grill for dinner. Yum!

This morning, there wasn't much for us to worry about doing. Eric and I got up around 8am, and just let Bubba sleep in. You could tell the week away at college wore him out. But when he did get up, he made us some yummy pancakes for a nice brunch! That was much appreciated... and it really was some good pancakes!

But alas, the time had to come to take him to the airport. The one bummer about him coming up was that he didn't really stay with us... but we were more than thrilled to spend what time we did with him! And we were even happier that he got as much out of the ISU program as he did.

No comments: