Monday, December 31, 2012

December Snow

So we had our first snow not quite two weeks ago... it's December, not uncommon. I mentioned how they had a 'blizzard' while I was in FL last week. Well, I guess it wasn't as blizzard like as they were saying it was going to be - but the did get around 8 inches, or so. Still a good amount. Then there was more on Saturday while I was still in FL (Eric was home), but only a couple of inches. And today, we got another inch or so, all piling up because it's not getting warm enough to melt. It's pretty and all, but it also means it's cold!

While snow in December is not uncommon, and I wouldn't normally blog about it like this this, what is kind of crazy is that we've had more snow in these first couple of weeks of 'official' winter than we did ALL last winter! We didn't even break the 10 inch mark for snowfall last winter. We're already at/past that (depending in which side of town you're on)!! What does this mean for the rest of winter???

I have to say, I was kind of figuring on a long, cold, snowy winter. We had it too good last year. And our blistering, hot, drought-laced summer wasn't Mother Nature's payback, this COLD, snowy winter is - Old Man Winter had a say in said payback!

*sigh*

And this Florida Girl is not ready for a cold winter. I will try to refrain from too many weather based venting blogs, but I can't promise anything. I don't like the cold. Period.

No comments: