Friday, December 21, 2012

First Snow

Usually, I get pretty excited about the first snow of the season. But this year... this year I'm just not feeling it. When the snow started to fall last night, all I could think was, "Great... now I get to deal with this for four months!"

Part of it might be the new car. (By the way, her name is 'Tuscany') I hate that she was snowed on with me having her less than a week! With no garage to keep her in, the weather will be impacting her way too directly for my liking! The snow, the salt, the ice, you name it... I can't do much to protect her, other than park on the side street and hope no one skids down that way. Don't like the thought of that, at all.

But I think the biggest part is the fact that this year has just gone by too fast and I'm not ready for it! I hate to admit it, but I didn't even fully decorate for Christmas this year. Just wasn't feeling it. Didn't even try - left the bins in the attic. Nothing got put up outside and the only evidence inside is the trees and two very lonely stockings. For me, this is a very sad day, because I normally go crazy with Christmas decorating. But not this year.

It's not that I don't want the year to end... there's nothing significant about it. In fact, it was a pretty bland year for me, so if anything, I WOULD want it to end. But I'm just not feeling the season (Neither winter, NOR Christmas!). Maybe the blandness of my year has just impacted my overall demeanor?? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I did nothing fun or exciting this year (because I know I did)... it's more just the lack of anything significant. Just the same ol', same ol'... which is just not the norm.

*sigh*

Oh well. First snow has come and, well, not gone - it's still on the ground. But it's not snowing anymore! It's a little slush, and a little powder, and very white (until the plows come through). But worst of all, it's COLD! Looking forward to my GREEN Christmas!

No comments: