Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween

Happy Halloween... a day early.  Not really since all the parties were last night.  Just the trick or treating is left for tomorrow night.  Unless you plan on going to work in a costume, which I don't.

This Halloween was more of an awareness of how fast this year has gona by more than anything... can you believe it's less than 2 months till Christmas??  Eric and I committed to just one party this year in order to keep from driving all over town like last year... which led me to feel the need to bring something special.  So I baked a cake.  A haunted house cake.  At least I tried... it didn't turn out nearly like what I hoped it would, but everyone loved it, none the less.  It was fun to do, though, so I guess that's what counts.

The costumes this year... well, I wasn't feeling nearly as creative, so I just did a pirate.  Eric, on the other hand, was very inspired by LMFAO this year, so he went as RedFoo.  With a little creative thinking (by yours truly) and some last minute shopping by Eric, we pulled together a pretty good costume.  Unfortunately, not too many people in Indiana know who LMFAO really are yet... not sure how, but they don't.  He actually had to explain who he was to some people.  The downside to living in Indiana... always behind the trends.  or maybe they're not as big as I think... but I know I love them!

All in all, though, we had a good time and there were a lot of good costumes at the party.  It's amazing how creative some people can get (ie - zombie Steve Jobs... really only works this year).  That's what makes Halloween fun!  You see traditional costumes like mine, all the way to your creative ones that only work that year.  Or just straight up creative in that you have no idea where they came up with it!

If you head out tomorrow night, be safe!  And Happy Halloween to all!

No comments: