Friday, September 30, 2011

Mother Nature Did What?

I was driving home from work pondering the weather this week when it hit me... literally! The wind blew a twig across my windshield and it freaked me out!

This has been a weird week of weather. Last week is was nice nearly all week - I'm not saying perfect, but it was nice. Saturday, you could tell something more was coming... it was dreary most of the day with some lovely misting rain. Then Sunday, it hit! It rained ALL DAY! Per our rain guage, we had just over three inches that day alone. It continued Monday, though not as much... another inch or so. Tuesday and Wednesday, there was no rain, and it slowly got nicer each day. Thursday was pretty much perfect (for this time of year, anyway)... got near 70, beautiful blue sky, and just enough of a breeze. Then Friday (today), another turn... misting rain again and the temperature started dropping about mid-morning... or at least it was getting windier. Tomorrow it's supposed to be even colder with our first frost (possibly) this weekend.

But the rain... that was the story! We had more rain this week than we did the past three months! NO joke! Last week, the weather forecasters were talking about how we were barely above the drought mark and we were dry, dry, dry... now they're talking about how we're above average for the year.

I'm not quite ready for fall. I want the warm temps for just a bit longer. Maybe I'll still see some of them... the weather's been crazy all year thus far... I'm sure more weirdness will come in the form of an Indian Summer... might as well!

No comments: