Monday, September 12, 2011

Sweet, Home, Auburn!

It had been too long since I made it back to Auburn for a game, so when talk about a mini reunion for a game this year, I was all over it. I needed my Auburn fix!

I flew out on Friday afternoon from IND to ATL. I was SO excited to see all my Auburn peeps, not to mention see an Auburn game live and in person (I SO wish I could've gone to the Championship game last year!). I got into ATL, got my rental car, and headed down I-85. I go into Auburn and it was already getting busy with game weekend traffic It's changed so much, but it still feels like home. I find part of my group and we meet up before heading out to dinner, which we wanted to make sure was a place we could hang for awhile until everyone else got into town.

After everyone was there and anyone who wanted to eat did so, we decided to head out for the real fun! Our initial plan didn't pan out, but that probably was for the better since we instead headed to the War Eagle Supper Club - an Auburn staple! It was a little light on people than what we're used to (early games do that, apparently), but we didn't care. We headed straight out back to the Shot Bus to have a little fun. After everyone was 'all good', we took the Drunk Bus back to the hotel and crashed. hard!

Saturday morning, we all struggled to get moving and head to the game. These 11:20am games are no fun to get to - they're just too early!! But we managed to get there with plenty of time, find tickets for those who didn't have them, and still see Spirit soar (and crash - so sad!). The game itself... INTENSE! Auburn was up 14-0 within the first 4 minutes, so it looked like it might be an easy win. But Mississippi State got their act together and brought it on... until the last play in the last second, when Auburn stopped them AT the goal line (which would've tied it and sent it into OT)! Crazy!

After that game, we were actually little worn out. Well, the game and the night before. So we found a place with a reasonable wait to get some food and ate a little something before heading back to the hotel to chill for a bit and watch some other games. The 'chilling' was the primary goal. We did end up heading out to get some dinner and meet up with some others we hadn't had a chance to see yet, but it was just that - dinner.

Sunday was the day we all had to head out, obviously. So it was a steady stream of 'good-byes' through the morning and we all wen our separate ways. I headed back to campus for a bit for some more pictures. Mainly of the infamous Samford Hall and Toomer's Corner (rolled, of course!). But I, too, had to get on the road to ATL... it was time to head home.

But what a weekend! I so needed this weekend and it was great to catch up with everyone. We always say we need to do this more... and I really hope we do!

1 comment:

Alissa Josephine Hope said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.