Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Heat is On

I feel like I've been posting a lot of blogs about crazy weather this year. Ice storms, flooding, and now, major heat!

This has been a record setting week of heat so far! But it's not just the air temperature that was killer... it was the heat indices up around 110 - 115 degrees! So when you put today's 100 degree temperature with the high humidity, the heat index was just about unbearable for any long amount of time. Guess that's what happens when you hit a record you haven't hit in 23 years... We've been in the upper 90's all week, but today's 100 degree mark was a pretty big deal, obviously. Kind of wish I could of caught a freeze frame of it on my phone... apparently, I missed it by about an hour, though. Go, figure...

So imagine, if you will inside a car... one of the tv stations did a little experiment and put a thermometer in a car - within a half hour, it was up to 140 degrees inside the car! THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER LEAVE YOUR KIDS OR PETS IN CARS, PEOPLE! (my PSA for the blog...)

So yeah... even with the heat way up there, I'd still rather the heat then the cold. I like when my skin gets all hot from being outside... now if only it could be on a beach somewhere...

No comments: