Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July

Another 4th of July has come and gone... where has this year gone???

With our house in the midst of construction and a backyard full of nails and such, Eric and I decided to NOT host a BBQ at our house. Instead, we celebrated over at a friends house with a bunch on friends and ultimately had family over to watch the downtown fireworks. It actually worked out well since the kids had a very kid friendly party to go to on the northside - I'm sure that was much more fun than our backyard of construction! And the big upside was not having to do as much prep work for a BBQ ourselves - Carl and Dana always do a great job hosting, so it was nice to relax for once as a guest.

Of course, in that time after the BBQ we went to and the time the family came over, Eric and I had plenty to do with the little house project we had gong on. We're down to a shower tile decision, folks!! But this is a tough one! I just don't want to choose something that I'm going to hate after 6 months of seeing it every morning...

I also learned how to use my snazzy camera to take some 'real' shots of fireworks. Very exciting!! So I disappeared during the main show to 'play' and finally get some good shots of a big fireworks show. Yay, me!

Hope everyone else out there had a great Fourth!! And Happy Birthday America!

No comments: