Sunday, July 17, 2011

Getting Older

Funny how birthdays are counted down to the second when you're young, but you try to not think about the older you get. Not that you can avoid it, but just the thought of getting older... I guess it just verifies how you've been feeling the past year. New constant bother about some part of your body (back pain, knee pain, whatever...), or one more reminder about a ticking clock, or just realizing all of your friends are just as old as you when you all used to be so young and carefree together.

Yep... another year older. Eric jokes that I still countdown to my birthday... I don't. I just used to bug him about the fact that he didn't remember my birthday. He does now, and he's good about it. I had no idea what to tell him to get for my birthday, but he kept throwing ideas out to try to spur some thought out on my end, which eventually worked. With by budding photography 'career', I decided on a new tripod head - one a little more modern than what I had. So I was pretty excited about that. And then today (my actual birthday), we decided to take a trip over to Cincinnati to roam Ikea for a few hours.

There were good intentions there, though - not just pure shopping fun for me. Specifically, we're still trying to finalize some details for our bathroom, which we did indeed make progress on. We found a pretty cool light fixture for over the tub, and also figured out which closet system we want (which is actually from The Container Store). So all in all, it turned out to be a very successful trip. Plus, I was excited to get my meatballs at Ikea... there's just something about them...

So yes... another year older. But it was a good birthday. I just try not to think about the older part... just continue to celebrate anniversaries of my 29th birthday.

No comments: