Saturday, April 16, 2011

Race for the Cure 2011

Today was one of my favorite events every year - Race for the Cure!

First off, I want to thank everyone who donated, whether it was to me or someone else. Your donation means a lot!

The weather cooperated only in the fact that it didn't rain on us. Otherwise, it was a bit chilly and pretty windy. But once you were walking, you were plenty warm. And though there was a slight mist near the end of the route, the rain stayed away this year - yay!

As usual, it was an amazing turnout! They say they didn't get as many on site registrations as they had hoped due to the weather, but the numbers still hovered around 40,000 participants. It never gets old looking around at all the people during the Race... it always seems like an endless sea of people which equals a lot of money raised!

So thanks again to everyone for the support! I hope I can count on you again next year!

No comments: