Friday, March 26, 2010

A Slew of Randomness

My mind has been all over the place this week. So in an effort to not go crazy, I’m jotting it all down here. Well, at least what’d in my head at this time… So unless you’re ready for complete randomness, I’d suggest you just stop here.

First off, what seems to be on everyone’s mind but mine… March Madness. I’m just not a big basketball fan. Never have been. Auburn didn’t have a strong program when I was there, and I only had the Tragic to follow growing up in FL… so I just never got into it. Just stuck with football and baseball. That being said, I can’t help but feel a twinge of pride with Butler heading to the Elite Eight for the first time in the school’s history. For a small, local school, that’s awesome! I even went to one of their games this year… in fact, Eric and I went on the night after we were engaged! Maybe there’s a connection…

Earthquakes. Have you noticed there seem to be a lot this year?? Recently, even?? Off the top of my head, I can think of four…. Haiti (multiple there, actually), Chile, a relatively small one in California, and then just this week, the Philippines! Now this brings to question… is it just better media coverage and technology to track them… or are there really more happening??

Burgundy/Dark red is not an ‘in color’ for sandals this year. Funny how when you start looking for something specific, it’s nowhere to be found.

I love the smell of new leather. Not sure what it is, but it is just so intoxicating to me! Whether it’s new shoes, a new purse, just being in a leather store… I just breathe it all in.

This year is just flying by. This weekend is already the last weekend in March. Less than 80 days until my wedding! Why does time start going faster and fast as we get older? Do we just get too busy for our own good? Or do we just forget how to enjoy life the way we did when we were kids?

This week has been an exhausting one for me, and I have no idea why. People at work have been telling me I look exhausted and Eric even says I sound exhausted on the phone. It hasn’t been a stressful week, so it’s not that. I don’t think my workouts have been any more intense than they have been thus far. Maybe just the first month of them have caught up with me? There is a definite physical exhaustion I feel. Maybe it’s the change in diet that’s caught up with me. But I’m taking vitamins, so I should still be getting everything my body needs. I haven’t been going to bed as early as I’d like, but that’s never been an issue before. Not to this extent, anyway. Maybe it’s just everything combined. I don’t know. But I plan on sleeping in tomorrow, that’s for sure!

No comments: