Sunday, November 15, 2009

RW Armstrong Holiday Party

Last night was my 2nd Holiday Party with RW Armstrong. They always have it early, before the real mad rush of the holidays hit. Haven't figured out if I like that yet... but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Most people just aren't in holiday mode yet... but then, they don't exactly Christmas it up, either... ANYWAY...

This year's theme was "Puttin' on the Ritz" and it was held at the Crowne Plaza Grand Ballroom, which is AMAZING is you've never seen it! I think the space is severely under utilized... but we sure filled it up nicely. To go along with the theme and new location, they stepped up the dress code and made it semi-formal/formal... which I had fun with. I bought myself a new floor length, purple velvet dress for the occasion. Eric thought I was going to be over-dressed... but then he felt under-dressed when he got there, and he was in a dark suit and tie!! But some of the company owners really stepped it up and showed up in tuxedos... most of the guys were just in suits, though, so he wasn't actually under-dressed.

As usual, RW Armstong put up a truly grand event with a full open bar and a great sit down meal. A live bad played and everyone mingled well. I only wish Eric knew more people that he'd be comfortable talking to... he's been out of the engineering side of things so long that when he's around so many of them, he forgets that many of them are introverted and don't necessarily carry on good conversations outside of the basics. So he got bored pretty quickly. Granted, we were there a good three hours before he inquired about how much longer it would be...

We were presented with the opportunity to join some other coworkers at Crackers Comedy Club for their 10:30 show, so we headed out with them. The comedians were alright, and I think Eric was more comfortable not being around so many engineers. There was actually an obnoxious table next to us that got kicked out... I've never seen anyone kicked out of a comedy club!

So in looking back, I guess I could start looking at this as the kick-off to the holidays... Me being such a "Holiday Person", this could be a good thing.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You guys look great! Yay for the start of the holiday season! I know I shouldn't be excited that it starts so early nowadays, but I can't help that I love Christmastime!