Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dave!!

Every summer, there are a few concerts I attend annually. This weekend was one of them - Dave Matthews band! I guess, technically, it's TWO concerts since he does two nights here. And yes, I do go to both. But it's been a tradition since I moved here - I think I've only missed one show since living in IN.

So anyway... Friday night's show consisted of a lot of his new songs! Nothing wrong with that... but they are just not as familiar to both the crowd and the band and to me it seemed like the show didn't flow as well. Not as many jams into the next song, more breaks etween songs. but it was great to hear th enew songs live!

Saturday night's show was much more th enorm... more jams, more old songs that everyone knew. personally, I liked Saturday more than Friday. But that may just be me. Besides, they played one of my favorites, "Crush" on Saturday night... though they did play "Crash" on Friday night. My seats were better Saturday, too... they were in the back of the pavillion, but they were dead center! If only I was a little taller...

All in all, another great year of Dave live! Next year, everyone will know the new songs better and it'll be like they've been around forever. In the meantime, I've got other concerts to look ford to this year. Up next - Jimmy Buffett!

No comments: