Monday, December 22, 2008

Trans Siberian Orchestra

So tonight I got to see a Christmas concert staple... the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Eric's parents took the whole family to see the concert tonight for Christmas. I've never seen them before, but I've always heard it's a spectacular show. And it was! The first half of the show was essentially a Christmas story told through music (with some narration). So you really had to pay attention... if you actually wanted to follow the story. The music was good, regardless. The second half of the show was just music, the TSO way... which, surprisingly, has a lot more electric guitar than I realized. Still good, though... just a little harder rock than what most people hear of TSO.

Anyone who knows about TSO in concert knows that the big draw is the light show... all kinds, from lasers to pyrotechnics. They definitely lived up to all hype! They even warn you of a lot of strobe lights before you go in. And it's pretty smokey at the end of the night. But it is an amazing show!

So all in all, a great night out before Christmas that I was actually able to enjoy. I still can't believe Christmas is this Thursday... but I can't wait to go home to FL for the holidays!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I saw them in concert a couple years ago. It was pretty cool.