Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmastime Catch-up

Okay... so I have a minute to breathe. *whew*

So it's been a few weeks since I got to really got to take some time out to get on here. So since the Pacers game,I've been busy, obviously. I LOVE Christmas!! So I get really into the decorating, buying and wrapping gifts, etc. So a lot of that's of my time. And since most of my gifts get shipped, I had to be done shopping and wrapping before last weekend.

I've hit a few Christmas get-togethers with friends, which also had 'White Elephant' gift exchanges. Now, I had never heard of it called that before, but it's essentially when you have the option to take someone else's gift (that's already opened) or open a new one. And unless you're the last person, someone can always steal yours and then you get to pick a new one. Depending on the group of friends, you can do re-gifts, or tacky gifts, or something someone may like. The key is to just set a price limit. Anyway... I can say I ended up with a couple of... um... interesting gifts from those. I'll just leave it at that. :)

Then, of course, there's all the food in December. My company does this thing called Fat Month for the whole month of December. Basically, everyone in the company gets assigned a day, so there about 8-9 people a day that are supposed to bring in some sort of food to share. It can be ANYTHING! People brought in things anywhere from meatballs, to quiche, to cookies, to pie. So that, on top of the party food... lots of things to taste test! Then there's all the baking/cooking I like to do... again, it all keeps me busy!

So that's been my past few weeks in a nutshell... nothing majorly exciting, just a lot to keep me real busy, as I always am this time of year. It's just crazy to think that Christmas is next week. Wow...

No comments: