Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lakers @ Pacers

Yesterday was a good day. I had my first review at my new job (which went very well), and then I got an email asking if I wanted to catch the Pacers' game verses the LA Lakers. "Sure!" I said, without hesitation or care as to where we were sitting or what time the game even was. Well, the day only got better.

So after work, I meet up with Eric, and we head to Mo's Steakhouse to meet our architect friend (we'll leave it at that for this story - I don't want to give up my sources! LOL ) So after a couple of rounds and an awesome steak dinner, we head down to Conseco for the game. I was amazed at the seats we had! I mean, we weren't "Row 2", we were "Row 1A", where we could lean over and talked to the guy in the $600 seats! And the court side view was awesome (as you can see from all my pictures). So I'm taking it all in, completely enjoying the experience - we even had access to the Locker Room Restaurant, which I had no idea even existed - I turn around and realize that Larry Bird and Herb Simon are right up the bleachers from us (yes, ABOVE where we were sitting). So I had to get Larry's autograph - how often do I get that chance? I know - I'm a goober!!

So getting back to the game... the Pacers actually gave the Lakers a run for the money most of the game. The Lakers pulled away by about 16 points in the 3rd, but the Pacer's didn't let that keep them down. Definitely one good thing about a young team with no huge names to hog the spotlight! As the 4th nears the end, Kobe Bryant missed what seemed like an easy shot and the Pacers got the rebound and took it back down court. The clock ticks down to about a second to go and the Pacers' Marquis Daniels took a shot that bounced around and then Troy Murphy tipped it back to the basket, where it bounced around for what seemed like 20 times before finally dropping in after the final buzzer, giving the Pacers a one point lead, which gave them the win!!

It was an awesome game to be at. I can honestly say, it was the best Pacer's experience I've had, to date. And not just because of the seats, though you do tend to stay a little more focused on the game when you're that close to the action. But that is the best way to see basketball... close games with the good guy winning in the end. :)

No comments: