Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Historic Election

Election Day is finally upon us! Did you make it out to vote??

I voted by absentee last week - I knew the lines would be bad, so I did the snail mail route. No regrets. This election was too important to get frustrated with crowds and lines and long waits. So I did what I knew wouldn't hinder my voting.

Now I watch and wait. Of course they're making all sorts of judgement calls on who won what state - the polls are still closing out west! But they gotta make it dramatic - that's just the media this day and age. Though I have to say, it looks good for Barack Obama. Which makes my getting his book autographed even cooler! ;) I definitely have a good story to tell my grandkids... one day... a LONG time from now!!

Finally, as we all gather around the TV to watch the results, take a moment to remember where you are right now and who you are with. This election is something you'll be telling stories about to your grandkids, too. :)

No comments: