Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Was it just me, or were there not as many spectacular deals out there this year?? Maybe it was because what did look like good deals weren't things I were looking for. Who knows... either way, I'm curious to know how Black Friday turned out for retailers compared to previous years. I know they weren't expecting anything to good.

I didn't hit any typical Black Friday sales, myself. Well, technically, I guess. I DID go down to Edinburgh Premium Outlets at midnight. yes... they opened at midnight, and it was PACKED! There was a back-up on the interstate to get off on US 31 to the mall. Eric and I finagled our way past it and in a back entrance, parked on the outskirts on the grass, and walked in. Eric has no patience for things like that - I told him he didn't have to go. But he still insisted. Initially, I planned to do the midnight thing to avoid any conflict with other sales I might want to hit. Well, I didn't end up wanting to go anywhere else, but didn't think to change these plans. Oh well. Got it over with. In all honesty, though, if I had wanted to hit other sales, this would've worked out perfect since we got back to Indy around 3:30am. There were a few stores opening at 4am that we could've hit directly from the outlet. But we didn't. We went to bed and slept till noon, instead.

Why did I want to go to the outlets, you ask? Well, there were a few items that I typically have better luck finding in outlets, especially with the difference in regions between where I live and where I gift. I was worried when what i thought was my 'sure thing' stop didn't pan out... but I still found what I was looking for at another store. And Eric even made it worthwhile for himself by buying a Columbia jacket for $70. The line sucked and he got a little frustrated waiting... but he stuck it out.

So that was my Black Friday in a nutshell. After waking up and getting some motivation, I got the rest of my Christmas lights up outside, too... did the roof lights last weekend. So all it all, a productive day.

No comments: