Saturday, November 15, 2008

I *heart* IKEA!!

I visited my 5th Ikea today. I love Ikea.

It was a deary miserable day in Indy, so Eric and I took a drive down to Cincinnati to check out one of the newest Ikeas, and now the closest Ikea to Indy. Previously, we'd have to drive to Chicago, which I love to visit for other reasons. But it's a quite a drive, unfortunately. :(

Today's trip had a mission, however... Eric was looking for some specific furniture to finish out his bedroom (he got a nice iron bed frame last year). Though we fell up short on that (they were sold out of some of the pieces he wanted), we found some other fun stuff to take home. Most of what we found was for Eric's place - I didn't really need anything this trip. But I was getting ideas to store away for later. :) Besides, I was just as the Schaumburg Ikea a week ago and got fun stuff for me, then. LOL

Ikea has their Christmas stuff out now, too. They don't have a lot, but what's nice is that what they do have is different than what you find elsewhere. For example, I found some really cool ornaments - glass hearts with glass 'strings' inside. When you have it amongst lights, you get some cool refraction through the glass. So I got a couple of packs of them last week, one in clear and the other in a light blue. Can't wait to put them on my tree. Ikea is also the store for LED lighting, whether permanent or for Christmas. I got a string of LED star lights, too.

See... fun stuff. I love Ikea.

We also hit one of the Pink stores in Cinci (the store Victoria's Secret spun off for casual clothes). Yes... I drug Eric to a mall and into this store. He did go to Sears to look a tools part of the time... he was desperately trying to hang onto his 'man card' for the day. But I didn't do anything that would've made him feel uncomfortable amongst all the lingerie.

It turned out to be a fun day... and a great way not to feel so miserable with the dreary weather. We had a good time, even though we didn't really do anything super exciting or different. I like trips like that. :)

No comments: