Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

It's that time of year... time to gather 'round with all your friends and carve pumpkins while sipping on mulled wine. Good times...

I was just happy to be able to make it this year!! Last year I was (you guessed it) traveling. So I missed the gathering and carving with the Talbott Street Gang. So I was pretty excited. Plus, I got to bring my own pumpkin that I grew... by accident (Long story short, I threw some seeds that were sitting on my windowsill for TOO long nonchalantly into my untended garden, and they sprouted. Within weeks, I had a 20'+ vine with lots of flowers and a pumpkin growing all by itself). It was a healthy pumpkin, too... really thick insides (great for baking) and tons of seeds (to accidentally grow again)! So anyway...I pre-gutted mine so I could get the insides for baking, so I was able to start carving right away. But I wasn't the first done... Matt finished WAY before anyone... he claims it's because he's done so much woodworking. But I don't know... I think he was just more into it. Or he just did an easier pattern. He did do a cool werewolf, though... so it couldn't have been that easy. Steve was the last one done... he was just trying to get it all just right, though.

Ultimately, though, we all finished up and had six good looking pumpkins. I was really excited about how mine turned out - once lit. When it wasn't lit, I wasn't too sure... but it's looks really cool lit. What do you think?

1 comment:

jhalsey said...

reminds me of that childhood central indiana horror TV show host, Sammy Terry! love it!