Sunday, October 26, 2008

Brown County

I finally made it to Brown County. I've lived in Indiana for over seven years and have never made it down there... until this weekend. Finally!

Eric and I took the trip down SR 135 Saturday morning after breakfast. We didn't do Nashville, however - it was too busy since it's about peak leaf season in the area. And it was busy when we drove through it. People were everywhere! But like I said, we just drove through it on our way to Story, Indiana. Story is a small town turned inn that is 'stuck' in the early 1900's... basically, the depression drove everyone away and no one came back to revive or modernize it. Then a guy bought all the pieces up and converted the buildings into suites/rooms and the whole town is now an inn. It's pretty cool. If you've never been, it's worth the trip. The restaurant has pretty good food, too.

After Story, we did a short hike in part of the Hoosier national Forest before we went into Brown County State Park to do some hiking there. The colors were pretty close to peak... with the storms that are supposed to be coming through this week, this may have been the best weekend - the leaves may all get blown down!! I about busted my a$$ on the first hike in the State Park... the wooden stairs were wet and I slipped on the first one. Oops!! But that's why hand rails are there... and they saved me, too! But anyway, that's besides the point. It was a great day for hiking.

I took pictures, of course, and you can check them out if you want. Enjoy!

No comments: