Friday, October 17, 2008

A Conference in the Woods

I know it sounds weird, but apparently that what the Aviation Association of Indiana likes to do... meet in the woods for their annual conference. Not just a random wooded area, but a State Park, so it's actually pretty cool. Just not something you'd expect from people who like to fly around most of the time. :)

So this year, the AAI conference was held at the Potawatomi Inn in the Pokagon State Park up in Angola, IN. And this is a GREAT time of year for a conference in the woods... LOTS of fall colors. We actually started on a golf course just down the road, where we saw a bunch of wild turkeys and deer just enjoying the course. The hitting of the ball (which sometimes sounded like a gunshot) didn't even phase them!! When we finally got to the park, I was totally enjoying my surroundings and even managed to go on a hike to enjoy them a little more in depth. I hiked up to Hell's Point, which is the highest point in the park. I was hoping you could see Lake James from there, but it was just a little too far and the trees were a little too dense. Not a bad thing, just a different view.


I was especially excited when on the morning of my departure, the lake was like glass and I was able to get some amazing 'reflection shots' as the sun was coming up. You can check them and my other pictures out on my Fotki page.

All in all, it made for a very relaxing, enjoyable conference. Very nice indeed!

2 comments:

eric said...

which part of the inn did you get to stay in?

FLgirl said...

I was in the historic old part of the inn. It was pretty cool.