Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Today I Mourn

As many of you may have heard, last night a horrible thing happened.Tragic, some might say. Well, at least I might say...

Northwest and Delta came to a merger agreement. What does that mean? That means I'm screwed. Mainly because they plan to keep the Delta name and the Delta way. And you all know how I feel about Delta. They suck.

Honestly, I feel that Northwest is the better airline, as well as the more versatile airline with their destinations. Definitely better customer service, as I have experienced personally. I've told you my woes with them, but I often to fail to tell of the good things they do (that don't come from my complaints), which does happen.

And the big kicker... this means no more Mountain Dew on my flights when the merger is said and done. There are no Coke products I like. None. I've tried them all. So it'll be all water, all the time, I guess. This may seem minor to most of you, but when you're a Pepsi product follower, especially Mountain Dew, you learn to appreciate and become a loyal customer of establishments that choose to serve Pepsi over Coke.

But that's for another blog.

The good news... this merger won't be said and done for 6-8 months. They have to go through a lot of red tape. So I have Northwest as Northwest until the end of the year, or close to it. That's good. but after that... :(

So I put out to all of my friends out there... help me in my push for JetBlue to come to Indy! They are the Consumer Reports #1 rated airline, and there's reason for that (they have TV's in the seats!). But they're not in Indy. Yet. We have a new terminal coming this fall, and they fly all around us. So go out to JetBlue.com and under 'Where We Fly', if you scroll down to Helpful Info (on the bottom right of the page) where it has a link to "Tell Us Where You Want to Fly". Tell them you what Indianapolis, IN (IND) as a new destination from any airport you want that they already have flights to (I just put "FL destinations").

Sorry... shameless plug, but I have a feeling when all is said and done, we're going to lose options for flights as a 'middle city' when this deal is done. ATA is gone for good, and I'm sure quite a few of the Northwest flights will be pulled (for those who don't know, IND was a 'focus city' for Northwest, which meant we weren't quite a hub, but they had a lot more directs out of IND than most of their locations). JetBlue goes to some good places. We could use some more good places to go.

2 comments:

Wendymples said...

Not that I fly often (hardly EVER), but I have to deal with all the people that buy the stock, and THAT's not fun either! I went and requested service from Indy though like you said on the website! :-)

Sam said...

Pepsi...PEPSI!? So THAT'S why you left Atlanta? They booted you out!